Leadership and Committee Nominations
Thank you for considering the opportunity to stand for nomination for a leadership position with PACRAO.
We are excited for your interest and want to support you in your journey to become more involved with the PACRAO community. The Nominations and Elections Committee is available to answer any questions you may have regarding the positions up for nomination, time commitment, filling out the nominations form, and more. You can find contact information for committee members on our Nominations and Elections Committee page. Things to Know:
If you are ready to nominate yourself for one of our leadership positions, please click on the Nomination Form button, fill out the form, and submit your nomination. We look forward to meeting you at our annual PACRAO conference!
Positions Open for Nominations for 2021-2022:
- All nominees are required to submit a PACRAO Nomination Form to be considered for nomination. Nomination Forms are due by the end of the 2020 Business Meeting, November 4, 2020
- All board members attend three executive board meetings a year. The winter and summer board meeting travel costs are covered by PACRAO. The fall meeting coincides with the annual meeting, so travel costs are covered by your institution.
- There are monthly phone meetings at the discretion of the president.
- All board members spend approximately 10 hours per month on PACRAO business, outside of meetings.
- Committee member time commitments vary by committee.
- All nominees must be able to attend the 2021 PACRAO Conference in Tucson, AZ, October 30 - November 3, 2021.
- President Elect (three-year term)
- The President-Elect shall act as the chief assistant to the President and shall succeed to the presidency at the end of the term of the President. The President-Elect shall be responsible for strengthening the Association's relationship with leadership from state and province associations, the membership and with business partners and exhibitors. The President-Elect works with the Vice President for Membership and Treasurer to foster greater Association membership throughout the Pacific region. The President-Elect identifies individuals to serve in the following roles to run concurrent with his or her presidency: Local Arrangements Committee Chair, Program Committee Chair, Diversity Development Advocate, and Business Partner Liaison.
- Vice President for Publications & Information Technology (two-year term)
- The Vice President for Publications and Information Technology shall be responsible for disseminating information to members of the Association, via print and electronic communication, which includes the Association's newsletter and directory (with support from the Vice President of Membership) and provides leadership to the development and maintenance of the Association's website. The Vice President for Publications and Information Technology chairs the Publication and Information Technology Committee.
- Treasurer Elect/Treasurer (three-year term)
- The Treasurer-Elect serves for one year under the guidance of the Treasurer, working closely with the Treasurer to learn the roles and responsibilities and to assist with budgeting, reconciliation, and reporting. At the end of this term, the Treasurer-Elect shall become Treasurer and serve for two additional years.
- Vice President for Diversity Development (two-year term)
- The Vice President for Diversity Development is responsible for promoting and advocating for matters related to diversity, equity and inclusion within PACRAO. The VP for Diversity Development serves on the Program Committee and ensure that there are diversity sessions across the conference program while developing such sessions with the help of the Diversity Development Committee. The VP for Diversity Development chairs the Diversity Development Committee. This committee is charged with keeping the Association engaged with issues and activities relevant to equity, diversity, and inclusion. It meets during the annual conference and is open to any interested member of the Association willing to commit time and energy to achieving committee goals during the year.
- Audit Committee Member (two-year term)
- The Audit Committee is appointed by the Nominations and Elections Committee and is responsible for reviewing annually the Association's financial practices including the receipt and distribution of funds and the maintenance of financial records. The committee will prepare an annual report for the Executive Board of findings and recommendations regarding the Association's financial operations.
- Nominations and Election Committee Member (6 members, one-year term)
- The Nominations and Elections Committee shall solicit nominations for the next Nominations and Elections Committee, for the Audit Committee, and for the next Executive Board. The Nominations and Elections Committee shall review all nominations and present a slate of nominees to the Executive Board and to the membership. The committee meets at the 2019 Annual Meeting and works over the previous summer and early fall to solicit nominations.