Leadership Development Institute
In this Section: LDI Home Page • Testimonials
• Meet the LDI Faculty
• Mentor/Mentee Expectations
• More Information
PACRAO is proud of its professional development opportunity for up and coming PACRAO members, the Leadership Development Institute (LDI). We are now open for applications for our third Cohort of students, having graduated the 2018 and 2019 Cohorts.
The LDI was started with the expressed intent to provide a development opportunity for emerging leaders in the professional arenas that PACRAO serves. In addition to a mission to serve our members cutting edge professional development and networking opportunities, PACRAO also exists to further the cause of higher education and student success within the PACRAO region, across the United States, and globally. As registrars and admissions officers, we are both the gatekeepers and the pathfinders for our students. America's population, and by extension the population of American colleges and universities, is rapidly diversifying. Within a generation, a majority of Americans will come from populations that are currently underrepresented in higher education. PACRAO can play a key role in shaping every level of membership through thought leadership, professional development opportunities, and the creation of intentional streams of development that actively encourage a broader spectrum of professionals to engage and grow in the profession.
What is the LDI?
Read some of the testimonial from LDI participants here
- A Cohort of 10-15 "students" who are relatively early in their careers who aspire to leadership roles at their institutions and with PACRAO. The Cohort will be carefully selected so that it is as representative of the diverse experiences of the students we will be serving in the coming decades.
- A dedicated faculty made up of PACRAO members who have distinguished themselves in the Admissions and Registrar fields and as servant leaders to the PACRAO community.
- A carefully constructed curriculum that will expose Cohort members to literature, group conversation, guest speakers and more. The LDI experience will expose Cohort participants to the possibility of a transformative experience that will both provide critical knowledge that higher education leaders must possess in order to be effective in their roles. Coequally, the LDI should create inspiration in each participant to be difference makers and change agents in every community they belong to. With all of that in mind, we will be opening up the opportunity to apply for the LDI to the PACRAO membership in April. The LDI Cohort will begin its yearlong engagement with our awesome LDI faculty at the Annual PACRAO Meeting in the fall. Here are the key things you need to know about the LDI:
- Connect for each of our 90-minute virtual monthly meetings.
- Connect monthly with your LDI faculty mentor, both in group mentor meetings and individual meetings.
- Read and prepare for monthly full-cohort meetings and monthly mentor group meetings. Cohort members from this year report that they dedicate approximately 10 hours per month to their LDI reading and preparation.
- Participate with the PACRAO conference for 2020 and for 2021. The incoming and outgoing LDI cohort members and faculty will meet together during each conference. (If your institution is not able to support your conference registration fee, scholarships may be available for LDI cohort members to cover that cost. Room accommodations may also be available, if shared with another LDI cohort member.)
- Volunteer for a PACRAO leadership position or other formal involvement activity with PACRAO within a year of completing the LDI.
Please contact Julia Pomerenk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Arturo.email@example.com for more information about the LDI