Leadership Development Institute
PACRAO is proud of our new professional development opportunity for up and coming PACRAO members, the Leadership Development Institute (LDI). The LDI was started with the expressed intent to provide a development opportunity for emerging leaders in the professional arenas that PACRAO serves. In addition to a mission to serve our members cutting edge professional development and networking opportunities, PACRAO also exists to further the cause of higher education and student success within the PACRAO region, across the United States, and globally. As registrars and admissions officers, we are both the gatekeepers and the pathfinders for our students. America's population, and by extension the population of American colleges and universities, is rapidly diversifying. Within a generation, a majority of Americans will come from populations that are currently underrepresented in higher education. PACRAO can play a key role in shaping every level of membership through thought leadership, professional development opportunities, and the creation of intentional streams of development that actively encourage a broader spectrum of professionals to engage and grow in the profession.
What is the LDI?
Read some of the testimonial from LDI participants here
- A Cohort of 10-15 "students" who are relatively early in their careers who aspire to leadership roles at their institutions and with PACRAO. The Cohort will be carefully selected so that it is as representative of the diverse experiences of the students we will be serving in the coming decades.
- A dedicated faculty made up of PACRAO members who have distinguished themselves in the Admissions and Registrar fields and as servant leaders to the PACRAO community.
- A carefully constructed curriculum that will expose Cohort members to literature, group conversation, guest speakers and more. The LDI experience will expose Cohort participants to the possibility of a transformative experience that will both provide critical knowledge that higher education leaders must possess in order to be effective in their roles. Coequally, the LDI should create inspiration in each participant to be difference makers and change agents in every community they belong to. With all of that in mind, we will be opening up the opportunity to apply for the LDI to the PACRAO membership in April. The LDI cohort will begin its yearlong engagement with our awesome LDI faculty at the Annual PACRAO Meeting in the fall. Here are the key things you need to know about the LDI:
- The cohort will be asked to commit to being involved in the LDI for one year. The year begins at the Annual Meeting and concludes at the Annual Meeting the following year. All participants will be required to attend the Annual Meeting at the start of the cohort year.
- Attendance at the Annual Meeting the following year will be encourage but not required. Some scholarship assistance may be available for Cohort Members whose institutions are not able to support their attendance at the Annual Meeting. We hope that all interested folks will apply.
- The Cohort will be engaged in readings and virtual conversations about those readings. All readings will be provided at no charge to participants by PACRAO.
- Excluding the Annual Meeting gatherings, all Cohort meetings will be conducted via webinar.
- PACRAO expects one commitment in return for its investment in the LDI from Cohort members (besides their engagement throughout the Cohort year); we expect that every Cohort member will agree to stand for some sort of leadership or other formal involvement opportunity with PACRAO once their cohort year has concluded.
Please apply for the LDI 2019-2020 cohort here
Please contact Julia Pomerenk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or James Miller (email@example.com) for more information about the LDI